Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: departing from France by bus

departing from France by bus 1 year 1 week ago #472

• lestone
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm French and i want to know if there are transport means expected to go to the festival departing from France by bus.

sorry, I must improve my English
The administrator has disabled public write access.

departing from France by bus 1 year 1 week ago #524

• Draken
  • Thank you received: 20
Salut,

As far as I'm aware, there is no direct travel plans that have been drawn up going from France to the festival at the moment, though I know there are some groups in places like Italy that are planning to travel together. I do know there is work on having buses within the UK traveling from most major locations to the festivals, though I believe the final details are yet to be fleshed out fully, but should be something that will be better known in the next few months.

I would imagine if going via public transport, two possible options is either to take the Eurostar from Paris to London, hop across the tubes to Kings Cross / St Pancras station which has a train direct to Kettering train station near to the festival and where there will be shuttle buses laid on to take people to the site (again, we are awaiting final details on the shuttle buses at this stage) or you could fly over, either to Luton airport which again has a direct rail link to Kettering or to Heathrow airport and get the tube again to St Pancras / Kings Cross to get the train up to Kettering.

And your english is good, certainly much better than my french
The following user(s) said Thank You: lestone

departing from France by bus 1 year 1 week ago #1037

• lestone
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your quick reply and for all that information.

"Salut" is a good start .
My best friend is google translate

I'll wait for more information to travel established and more detail for camping.
I have a car but I don't see myself driving in the United Kingdom

departing from France by bus 1 year 1 week ago #32

• Draken
  • Thank you received: 20
lestone wrote:
I have a car but I don't see myself driving in the United Kingdom

I understand some people find it difficult to drive on the correct side

Camping wise there is all ready several options available, from normal camping to full on glamping (luxury camping). However, you can always add camping options at a later date to your tickets and right now, the tickets are at a very good price (though they will go up in price once the headliners are announced somewhere between mid-August to early Autumn).

Don't let transport stop you either. At it's worst, the options I've put above will get you there, but if there are a few people wanting to come from France then it may be possible for people to organise transport together like people are doing from some of the other countries on your side of the channel

departing from France by bus 4 weeks 2 days ago #2541

• Florian LANNUZEL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • graphic designer / web developer
Hi!

We'll come from Brest (Brittany / Bretagne) with friends. 1 for sure, maybe 2. I have a Citroen C3 car. So I have a couple of available seats. We now define the exact route. We'll pass by France and borrow the Eurotunnel. Details for carpool ads soon.
Idea: Starting Wednesday, August 13, early in the morning. Back Wednesday, August 20th, in the evening.
If you are interested, tell to me.

Salut!

Avec 1 ou 2 potes, nous partirons de Brest, en Bretagne - déjà 2 pass achetés. Il me restera donc une ou deux places libres dans ma C3. Nous définissons le parcours, les dates, horaires et étapes en ce moment. Nous passerons par la France : Normandie, direction Calais pour emprunter l'Eurotunnel et rejoindre le Alt-fest. Nous publierons sous peu une annonce pour du covoiturage sur différents sites européens. Intéressé ? Fais signe.

Hello , we won't be able to carpool finnally, so I am deleting my previous message. Good luck everyone!

Bonjour, désolé mais nous ne serrons finalement pas en mesure de covoiturer donc je retire le message précédent. Bonne chance dans vos recherches!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 22 hours ago by Florian LANNUZEL.

departing from France by bus 3 weeks 1 day ago #2577

Hey

Je viens de Nantes. Je cherche désespérément comment venir au Alt Fest.

Vous reste il une place ?

Merci

Mathilde
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds