CAMPSITE OPENING TIMES
Opens - 10am Thursday, 14th of August, 2014
Closes - 12pm Tuesday, 19th August, 2014
There will be warm-up parties on Thursday and the main festival starts at midday on Friday 15th. All the shops will be open earlier as well as a great selection of places for breakfast. You will be able to walk around and familiarise yourself with the site a day before the festival, and then have a full clear day to do as you wish on Monday before making the trek home on Tuesday. We hope this will mean less people trying to leave in cars at once, and an easier drive out!
You are of course able to arrive and leave within these time periods.More information will be available here shortly before the festival, including box office times and maps.
CAMPING ZONE OPTIONS
There is a choice of camping areas at Alt-Fest. Each area will have the same facilities within (toilets, showers, food stall, water point etc).
- Family camping: For people with children of any age (no-one allowed to camp here without kids). Advantages are: kids can play and make friends; parents don't need to worry about their kids disturbing someone who doesn't have kids; it's unlikely to be rowdy late at night...
- Quiet camping: Furthest from the arena, for those that intend to try and get a good night's sleep. Noisy campers will be required to move.
- Adult camping: No children (under 18) allowed. For people who don't like kids and don't want to find themselves camping next to them!
- Party camping: Prefer to stay up late, play music, socialize and party into the late hours? Then this is the campsite for you!
- Disabled Camping: Only for those who provide proof of disability before the festival, will have disabled facilities (showers, loos) and is right next to the arena entrance.
COOKING AND FIRES
LUXURY CAMPING AND GLAMPING
DIRECT COACH TRIPS
We have teamed up with Big Green Coach to make traveling to Alt-Fest by coach much easier. Big Green Coach will pick up at the destinations below and bring you right to the festival site. Prices for a return journey range between £24-£66 depending on your pickup point.BirkenheadBirminghamBristolCarlisleChesterCoventryGlasgowGloucesterLancasterLeedsLiverpoolLondon (Victoria)ManchesterMiddlesbroughNewcastleNottinghamSheffieldStockportSunderlandWorcesterMore details on travelling to Alt-Fest can be found HERE.
If you are staying in local accommodation or happen to live near Kettering, you can get a lift to or from the festival in our shuttle bus. We will also be doing a 'tour' round the hotels, train station and some other key points, as well as the festival site. So if you are staying locally or need collecting (and returning) to the train station you'll be easily able to get to the Alt-Fest site. More info and schedules to follow here in 2014!
CARAVANS, CAMPER-VANS & MOTORHOMES
Caravans and Campervans are welcomed, however, we can also allow a motorhome by special arrangement for the same cost as a campervan. If your motor-home is larger than the average size of a camper-van, please send an email to email@example.com with the sizes as we will need to specifically plan the space. We have limited space for motor-homes, so it's first come, first served.Please Note: There is a £40 surcharge for campervans, this includes the cost of parking your campervan. This charge is for your campervan only and you and each person staying with you will require an additional camping ticket as well. So for example if there are 3 adults staying in the campervan you'd need 1 campervan pass and 3 camping add-ons. Camper-vans will have their own designated camping area.If you are bringing a caravan, your car will have to be parked in the general car park after situating your caravan, and you will need to purchase a carpak pass too.
Unlike many other festivals, gazebos will be permitted at Alt-Fest. We are able to accommodate one gazebo (up to 3 x 3m) per group of people. We are also working on this being one of the selectable options when purchasing tickets.
We fully support the idea of using flags to mark your tents, and we even allow flags from other festivals. Our only proviso is that they have been installed safely and firmly.
There will be trained personnel on-hand to help with setting up your tents and gazebos, should you get stuck. We'll also have a camping shop selling basic essentials such as replacement tent pegs etc.
ELECTRICAL HOOK-UPS & POWER SUPPLIES
Currently, we aren't able to offer electrical hook-ups, but are looking into the possibility of doing so.Generators are not permitted.
TRAVEL FROM LONDON
Travel from London
Travelling from London to Kettering by train couldn't be easier! Depending on where in London you are the journey is roughly one hour and a direct journey! The train service is East Midlands Trains, click HERE to view the site.
Once you've arrived at Kettering Station, there is a special shuttle bus which will take you straight to Alt-Fest!
Are you coming to Alt-Fest from a different country? Then this category is for you!
Before arriving in England, it's worth having a look at this site as it's extremely useful in planning your journey. The postcode you require is NN14 1BJ.
Getting to Alt-Fest from anywhere in England is very easy due to having travel systems pretty much everywhere, but we're including two tried and tested routes for your convenience.
1. Fly to Luton Airport in London.
2. Catch the train at Luton Airport and travel to Kettering. Use this site for current train times and transfers.
3. Catch the Alt-Fest shuttle bus from Kettering Station, it'll take you directly to us!
1. Fly to Heathrow Airport
2. Catch the tube train from Heathrow Airport and travel to St. Pancras Station.
3. At St. Pancras you can catch a train direct to Kettering. Use ths site to check current train times.
4. At Kettering Station, get onto the Alt-Fest Shuttle bus!
As mentioned before, getting to Alt-Fest is VERY simple from any part of England, we have used a couple of examples to show the ease of travel.
HOTELS AND B&B;'S
If camping isn't for you there are many hotels within a 3-5 mile range, there are also lots of Bed and Breakfast accommodation in the surrounding areas. Click HERE for a list of several of the hotels in the area including reviews!
We will also be offering a 5 star hotel on the grounds of Alt-Feast! Click HERE for more information.
In addition to our on-site hotel, we will have lots of luxury camping (or Glamping) to give you even more choice. These options will all be built and ready for you and contain bedding, more details on the Glamping can be found here.